Friday, July 27, 2007

And So Begins The Harvest!

Here I am, sitting at my parent's computer, crying. For two reasons.



One, Dad and Mom are at Nate Towes' funeral right now and I have been thinking and praying a lot for Rosanna and the rest of the family. I can't imagine their pain. But in their family's pain there has been a gift to our family. . .


. . . as the boys and I were making a fruit salad for his family to have at supper time an amazing thing happened. They wanted to know why we were making this salad. I explained that there was a man who was in a car accident and he died, this has left his family here on earth very sad because they miss him. I explained that making the salad was a simple way to show them His love. They decided then that it really wasn't a fruit salad but a love salad! So as we were cutting fruit and adding lots of love to the salad I got to tell them about how Nate loved Jesus and lived his life the way the Jesus asked him to. I got to tell them that he is in heaven singing with the angels. They both told me that they want to live the way that Nate did and the way that Jesus wants them to and we prayed together to tell Jesus that!!! AMAZING!!! I never go to meet Nate but I have heard wonderful wonderful stories about him. It is my prayer that my boys will grow up to be men of God, as Nate so obviously was.

He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:2-3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of my nephews, all of them. Tyler and Riley have such gentle spirits (most of the time). What great news to hear. We love you Bargen Family.

Jerry

jc said...

What a beautiful story Corinne! It brings joy to my heart, and is a reminder of how God's ways are so much higher than our's...that your boys began a personal friendship with Jesus as a result of such a tragedy. Amazing!!
Blessings to all of you, and it was so good to see you last weekend!

Bekah said...

WOW. There is always a purpose in the plans of the Lord. Even in the loss of a loved one! A friend of ours just died in a highway scooter crash. But I know he is with God too. Blessing on your precious boys!

Anonymous said...

It's great to see Tyler & Riley taking baby steps in the right direction. Corinne, thanks for being such an awesome mother and letting God use your influence to lead your boys in His ways. This is truly an answer to our prayers!
Love,
Mom Bargen