Thursday, July 02, 2009

Fun at the Park


Now that it is summer the boys and I have made a few goals for ourselves .... we've set out to conquer a few challenges in July and August ....

challenge #1 -
Tyler & Riley learn the list of 100 words to be able to read in Grade 1 (I know, I know, Tyler is only going into grade 1 and Riley is only going into kindergarten but I have faith ... they will conquer :) )

challenge #2 -
find all the books in the 100 books for first graders and READ THEM! ..... we have great libraries and should have no problem with this challenge

challenge #3 -
this is perhaps are toughest challenge of all .... find 50 DIFFERENT playground and PLAY ON THEM .... we've so far made it to 7 different playgrounds, we're on our way! (good thing we will be in at least three different cities this summer)

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Those are some great challenges. I know of a new-to-us park we'd like to take them to. Someone at school recommended Bear Creek Park in Surrey. It has a little train to ride and a great water park. And Katie said the boys would love the park at Eagle Mountain. So we'll have to check that one out, too. And you can add Herald, the campground in Shuswap, to the list. Can't wait to go camping with you!

Anonymous said...

We have a park in mind that we would LOVE to take you to when you come to visit Abbotsford. Don't forget your passports and we will take you to a castle and then to get an ice cream! We miss you.

Anika Lacerte | The Handcrafted Story said...

Fun video! I kept waiting for someone to let go... if you run out of parks there are quite a few in Quesnel, but you may need to pack a lunch :)

Elly said...

I could watch that video clip over and over again just to hear Sawyer's laugh! Have fun at the parks. We've got a few great ones in mind for when you're in Winnipeg. Can hardly wait!

The Renegade Librarian said...

Nice plug for the library there! Diggit.

t-bar said...

This is so hilarious! I can't wait to go on a tire swing and laugh my head off with the boys! Meg

Rosanna Toews said...

Thank you for the comment on the blog and for the prayers and thoughts. They speak volumes.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I was reading a comment you left on another blog about Macs...I bought one several months ago and cannot seem to get started on it...I think I am just intimidated by it...and feel bad that it is just sitting in the box....Where do I start?
Any hints or tips?
Teresa
annah99@aol.com